The Management Team is composed of a Director, Benjamin D. Wandelt, and two Associate Directors, Antoine Letessier-Selvon and Patrick Peter, nominated for 2.5 years by the Steering Committee.
The Director is in charge of the ILP as a whole: scientific, training, outreach and administrative activities, and is assisted by the two Associate Directors. They work with a support office for the administrative and communication activities.
The main charges of the management team and more especially the Director are:
• The definition of the pluri-annual strategic plan and its presentation to the Steering Committee,
• The definition of an annual plan with objectives following recommendation by the Scientific Committee,
• The elaboration of the annual budget, and its execution, and the associated documentation for the validation by the Steering Committee,
• The definition and the maintenance of indicators useful to assess the activities of the ILP,
• The preparation of the evaluation of the ILP by external agencies,
• The representation of the ILP in front of external organism.
Professor Benjamin Wandelt received his Ph.D. in astrophysics from Imperial College, London. He worked as a postdoctoral fellow at the Theoretical Astrophysics Center in Copenhagen from 1997 to 1999, as a research associate at the Department of Physics, Princeton University, from 1999 to 2001. > more