The Steering Commitee ex-officio members are:
• The UPMC President or his delegate,
• The CNRS President or his delegate,
• The directors or their delegates of the main laboratories involved in the ILP: IAP, LPNHE, LPTHE, FRIF, IHP, LERMA, CdF.
There are 7 external members, each of them nominated by one ex-officio member. External members are nominated for 5 years. The Committee elects its chair among the external members. The Steering Committee meets at least twice a year. Decisions are taken at the 2/3 majority of present members.
The Steering Committee validates the global strategy of the ILP, as presented by the Director. It has in charge the nomination of the Director or/and of the Associate Directors. It approves the provisional annual budget and its execution.
Members of the Steering Committee
• Catherine Césarsky (CEA)
• John Ellis (CERN)
• Julien Lesgourgues (CERN)
• Viatcheslav Mukhanov (LMU, Munich)
• Jean-Loup Puget (CNRS)
• Simon White (MPA, Munich)
Directors or representatives of the ILP partner labs:
• Francis Bernardeau (IAP Director)
• Matteo Cacciari (FRIF Director)
• Françoise Combes (LERMA, Observatoire de Paris / Collège de France)
• Benoit Douçot (LPTHE Director)
• Gregorio Bernardi (LPNHE Director)
• Cédric Villani (IHP Director)
Representatives of trusteeships:
• Denis Mourard (Associate Director INSU)
• Bertrand Meyer (Vice President of research and innovation - UPMC)
• Véronique Atger (Research Coordinator – Sorbonne University)